Structural Moves - Historic Stone Wall
Relocated to make way for widening of the highway it was located on, this historic stone wall
weighed thirty tons. This wall was built by the WPA (Works Progress Administration), the organization started
in 1935 by order of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Over the course of eight years, eight million
Americans were employed to build schools, bridges, roads, and other public works projects.
Click here to return to Structural